Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tomatoes & Peppers & Squash - Oh my!


Our garden is growing like crazy & to boot our neighbors shared a bunch of produce with us this weekend. Their garden is going crazy too! I spent a lot of time today blanching & peeling tomatoes & chopping up peppers and squash for the freezer. I made another big, fresh batch of spaghetti sauce for the freezer too. Somehow I feel very "Little House on the Prairie -ish" when I'm putting food up for the winter. It's a good, homey feeling. I love stocking the freezers & the shelves downstairs in the basement. Does anyone else feel that way too?

I am also on a cleaning frenzy. We are expecting my BIL Matt & SIL Jenny and their sweet girls in a week and a half. They are very laid back company but I would really like them to see our home clean. It's their first time visiting us in our new home and it would be nice to have them see it at it's best. After that initial tour all bets are off. Lol! Just kidding! But I plan to put visiting first and cleaning second once they are here. We haven't seen them in 3 years! We have 2 new nieces to meet and snuggle and their oldest to meet all over again as the last time we saw her she was only 5 weeks old! They have yet to meet Bugs too & E-boy was a toddler the last time they saw him. We are all looking forward to their visit and are counting down the days!

No comments: