Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Well, That Stinks

No Class

Sweet Pea went to dance class at the Boys & Girls Club tonight. Boo didn't want to go as she was tired from our full day. About 15 minutes after Dave dropped S.P. off at class she called to say that no one was there to teach the class. I guess it was decided that to only have 2 girls in the class wasn't enough. They want a group to participate in order to keep the class open. So they just ended the classes in the middle of the session. It wasn't worth it to them to keep the class going. Nice, huh? No phone call to us. No finishing the dance routine the girls have been working so hard to learn. I can understand having a class minimum but that should have been set in the beginning not in the middle of the sessions. The only reason we found out is b/c there was a teacher for the color guard there tonight. She saw S.P. waiting all alone and felt badly for her and told her what was going on. I have to say I am very disappointed in this. We've had great experiences with the club up until now. The girls, especially Sweet Pea, loved the class. There are studios in the area that offer lessons but all are WAY out of our price range. It shocked me to see how much lessons are these days. Holy cow! I am baffled at how other families afford all the various lessons their children participate in especially with prices rising on everything from heat to groceries. Not to mention taxes. Yikes! Okay, I'm done my ramblings....................






2 comments:

MOMMY said...

Hey check your email, I think my messages are going to bulk for some reason. Every message I send to groups ends up there for me and a friend told me she did not get ANY of the messages I sent her in the last few days. I emailed you earlier today and once yesterday-you may not have read them yet but I thought I would let you know I am going to bulk-who knows!!!

Alison said...

Oh man I'd be pissed!! Did you call and complain???