Thursday, January 17, 2008

First Stitches

After Christmas Boo was watching me stitch on the pillowcases I am decorating. She expressed that she would like to learn to cross-stitch. We have tried a couple of times before but she had little patience for it. This time we talked a little first about it and how it was okay to not be perfect the first time, or anytime for that matter. Then I found a beginner stamped cross-stitch project that *I* had worked on when I was Boo's age. How neat is that? She couldn't find the one she received last Christmas but that was okay b/c we now had this one. Isn't God good? I had only completed the lettering which was only 1/4 of the project. Boo set to work while I sat next to her giving her instructions and did a fantastic job. She made some mistakes in the beginning but that was fine as it's all a part of learning. Plus it makes success all the sweeter!



Threading the Needle


Starting to Stitch



In the Groove!

Doing a Great Job!

Sweet Success!
Two rows completed!



*******UPDATE*******
This is a recent picture of her work. Love the colors!

No comments: