Saturday, January 12, 2008

Under the Sea


I was itching to get out of the house, (it's been a week), so E-boy & I went down to the pet store. He was super in the store asking for nothing and enjoyed looking at the bunnies, fish, & birds. As we were finishing up our sight-seeing I asked him if he would like a fish. He was very excited and picked his new friend out right away. It is a larger Tetra than the little guppy-like ones and is black & white. At first he wanted to name it after a fellow homeschooler's son. Then on the ride home we were chatting & I told him since the fish was black and white striped I'd name him Stripey or Zebra or something. (Yes, I'm very original. Lol.) Right after that we passed by a punch-buggy and I yelled out, "Punch-buggy silver!" (Everyone plays that game, right?) A second or two later E-boy exclaimed, "Mommy! You're a GENIUS! I'll name him Punch-buggy!!!" I burst out laughing. He was too cute. So Punch-buggy it is.


This is what Punch-Buggy looks like.


This is my new fish. He's a Red-Wag Platy. I picked him b/c I absolutely LOVE the way he wiggles his tail at a rapid pace while he swims. Too cute! It made me grin as I watched the tank full of Red-Wags swim with their tails "wagging" wildly.

Here he is in his bag as he adjusts to the new water temperature in our home aquarium.



E-boy & His New Pal, Punch-Buggy
E-boy was eager to introduce him to his other fish, David.


Craft Fun
Since his sisters got to go over to Grannie's tonight for a sleepover I wanted to do something special for E-boy. I bought these foamies & 2 small photo albums at the Dollar Tree. I thought E-boy could decorate them & then give them as gifts. He LOVES ocean animals.


Here he is with his favorite ocean creature, a dolphin.


I also found this at the Dollar Tree! Bugs received one too.



Special Treat
E-boy did a terrific job with both his schoolwork & his chores this past week. As a reward I bought him these army men. (Yep, also at the Dollar Tree. Love that place!) He had asked Santa for them for Christmas but Santa must have forgot. *wink* I gave them to him & explained to him why he was receiving them. He beamed when I praised him for all his hard work & good behavior!


Artist at Work

Very nice!
He decorated the front cover, back cover and spine.


Tinkerbelle


He decorated the inside of the cover too. He really enjoyed this craft & I think it will make a cute gift. He's excited to wrap them up & surprise the recipients!


1 comment:

MOMMY said...

Congrats on the new fisies!!!!

I laughed when I saw the sea life craft-it must have been the day. N decided to color and cut out some sea creatures and make an "ocean" on Saturday!