Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A Pleasing Pantry

I decided it was high time to clean out the pantries. They were done this summer but things get chaotic so quickly. We don't have a lot of cupboard space so I use these two pantries to store food. We have them upstairs to protect the food from mice. We keep our extra canned goods in the basement.
I had the girls take all the canned goods downstairs where they were supposed to be. Upstairs I cleaned the shelves and then organized each pantry according to the lists I had typed up earlier. They are each posted on the inside of the pantry door. It is an inventory list, (for each pantry), so not only do we know what is supposed to be each but how much we have. It should help us greatly when making our grocery shopping list. E-boy & even Bugs helped by handing me things as I was putting them on the shelves. I am very pleased with the results. Now hopefully everyone will cooperate and maintain!



Front Porch Pantry
Mostly our pasta, rice, flour & boxed cakes, etc.




Back Porch Pantry
Tea, Hot Cocoa, Spices & Herbs, Hot & Cold Cereals, Snacks, Daily Baking Ingredients






No comments: