Friday, March 7, 2008

Thrifty Thursday

We had A LOT going on today. I'll share the rest later but right now I wanted to share the great deals we got tonight & the "free meal".
As many of you know the girls attend cooking class at the Boys & Girls Club every week. Not only do they get to have fun cooking in class & get out of the house for 1.5 hours but they get to bring a sample home. What's not to love? =) Tonight they brought home this yummy pasta with sauce, cheese & pepperoni. Bugs was a big fan! After I picked the girls up from class we went up to Target to see if any of the craft bargains Amy mentioned were still available. To our delight they were! We had a blast running back & forth to the scanner to see what fabulous deals were awaiting us! The cashier's eyes got bigger & bigger as she scanned our selections. She was pretty impressed & asked us about several of the bargains. Lol! We are pretty certain that when she has a break she is going to be running back there to pick something up for her niece.

The girls made this yummy dish & garlic bread to go with it.



Bugs dug right in!


A Very Happy Sweet Pea.
She bought this with her own money.
(Boo has one too & I'll get a pic of her soon.)



Lookie! Lookie!
We bought 13 kits for a little under $30. If you average that out it comes to $2.31 each. Not bad, eh? I am thrilled!
For my fellow bargain hunters here's the breakdown:


*Bead Weaving Loom = Reg. $12.99, Sale $2.48 (Bought 2)
*Charms & Chains = Reg. $12.99, Sale $2.48
*Rose Art Washable Finger paints = Reg. $7.99, Sale $1.24 (Bought 4)
*Crayola Color Wonder Poster & Markers = Reg. $6.99, Sale $1.24
*Crayola Color Explosion Designer = Reg. $14.99, Sale $3.74 (Bought 2)
*Crayola Color Wonder Soft Sticks & Deluxe Coloring Pad = Reg. $11.99, Sale $2.84
*Crayola Model Magic Fusion Disney Flying Dutchman Ship =
Reg. $9.99, Sale $1.98
*Pirates of the Caribbean Buried Treasure Kit = Reg $9.99, Sale $3.24


Regular Total Price = $139.89
I Paid = $29.18
Savings of = $110.79!!!!!!!
Of course I never would have spent that much on these items but it's thrilling to me to see what a great deal I got. I love bargain hunting!
Plus I bought a set of sorely needed King size sheets for our bed - included fitted sheet, flat sheet & 2 pillowcases - for only $29.99. They are normally $59.99! A great trip indeed!
Thank you SO MUCH, Amy for letting me know about this awesome clearance at Target!








1 comment:

MOMMY said...

I am so happy that you got there! Don't you just love clearance shopping?????

The bedsheets are a great deal too! Everytime I look at my new comforter set I can't help but think-I saved $75 on this!!!!

Enjoy using all of the kits, we are planning on trying the beads this weekend and the girls have already colored some stickers.