Friday, March 7, 2008

Here, There & Everywhere

As I shared Monday was a tough day. Thankfully Tuesday was a better & Wednesday even more so. We did stay home from Bible study Wednesday because I was still having some dizzy spells & didn't think it was wise to drive. We dug into our school books & got a lot accomplished. The girls worked on history, math & their literature studies while I worked with Elvis in math & phonics. He started his pirate lapbook too. Boy was he a happy boy!

One of the things I love about homeschooling is that the kids are not limited to studying at one specific desk or table. They can move around studying just about anywhere. I do like formal writing to be done at the dining room table, (and messy crafts & markers to stay there too), but the rest is up for grabs. I've always preferred to study or read in a cozy corner myself.

Concentrating on Math


Cutting the First Activity for His Pirate Lapbook


Coloring "Gold" for His Pirate Lapbook


Studying Hard in the Foyer
One of the nice things about homeschooling is their is more than one place to study. My girls often need different studying environments so I'm thankful we have a nice sized home.


Studying in the Living Room


Cozying Up On the Couch


Bugs plays trains while Boo studies


Elvis & Bob
Elvis started Set 2 & read 3 Bob books. He read again to Daddy when he came home. I was very happy as he hasn't wanted to read lately & this week he made the decision to read all on his own!


Peek-a-Boo!
Another great study corner.



No comments: