Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Incredible, Edible Cell

In Biology the girls are studying the parts of a cell. Can I tell you I'm loving this curriculum? It is a wonderful combination of hands on & book study. And I love the way it guides the teachers. I really need that right now while trying to balance a 2yo, kindergartner, 4th grader & 6th grader. Dave & the girls made a model of a cell using Jello & fruit. How fun is that?


Here is the Jello. They chose lime.

The Nucleus


Add in & label the Cell Wall, Cell Membrane, Lysosome, Nucleolus, Vacuole, Mitochondrion, Cytoplasm, Centrosome, Ribosomes, Golgi Body & Nuclear Membrane.
The girls took turns naming the different parts of an animal cell. They also labeled an animal cell diagram.


Daddy consulting the Biology book.

Off to the Refrigerator!
After the lesson was done the cell was put in the frig to set. Later on it was dessert! Lol.
Sorry there weren't any pics of the girls. Sweet Pea took the pics for me & I guess she forgot to get some of them in action.



No comments: