Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Eggs


Saturday evening we finally had some time to dye our Easter eggs. We look forward to this every year. Both Dave & I grew up with this being a tradition in our homes. We love having it be a tradition in our home too. We keep things pretty basic as we like it that way. We have dye and crayons. We do often buy the PAAS for convenience but the kids don't really like using the stickers, wraps, etc. that come with it. They like to stick to experimenting with the dyes & crayons.


Set Up & Ready to Start

Bugs didn't like his big shirt at first and fought to get it off. We didn't give in & he soon decided to have fun and forgot about the shirt. =)

Bugs was totally into it this year! He made me smile with his enthusiasm. He wanted to do it all!

Experimenting With Colors

Elvis chose not to color at all & instead chose to see what the results would be after dipping eggs in several colors.

Boo Chooses Green ~ Anyone surprised? Lol.

Bugs Colors An Egg

This is the first year he's ever done this.

******************************************************************************************************
MORE PICTURES














Mommy's Experiment

After talking to Wendy at swimming I came up with the idea of using masking tape on my egg. These are the white stripes that I made with it.

Then I dipped it in yellow to get this effect. Cool, eh?

Experiment #2

Sweet Pea let me use her last egg to do another experiment. I cut out the strips of masking tape, placed them as I wanted on the egg and then let the egg sit in the blue dye. This is a pic of the tape being pulled off revealing the white stripe underneath.



THE RESULTS!

The kids thought this was really cool.

Next, Please!

It didn't take long before the eggs were all complete. I decided to take an idea from our friend Melissa and brought out some uncooked pasta. I didn't have any fancy shapes but that was okay. As soon as Bugs saw we were starting a new project he yelled, "Hooray!" from his place on the couch and came racing over to join in.




Goof ball!

No, she didn't really eat this.

Draining Out the Pasta

Elvis' favorite was the spaghetti.


Kitty Kisses
Tucker & Tinkerbelle

Tinkerbelle Apparently Loves Pasta

Or as I would say, "She's getting jiggy with it." Lol.



Hard At Work

Bugs commented that the orange pasta looked like cheese. He was right!




Lots of Colors

Arts & Crafts

I plan on using these for some fun mosaic art projects.







1 comment:

MOMMY said...

Wow does it look like you had so much fun! We have been so bad about the camera recently-I thought of taking pictures of our egg decorating AFTER the fact!!!

I love how adorable the kids looked for Easter-such a nice family that you have!!!