Wednesday, March 5, 2008

"Historical Play"

Last week on our way home from a friends' house we stopped at The Hobby Lobby. I have wanted to go in there forever but have never stopped to investigate. Well, this time we did. It is absolutely crammed with all sorts of neat things. I bought a package of knights & a package of Indians (yes, it says "Indians" on the package). They are a lot like the plastic army men you find in the store but a little bigger. Boo & Elvis LOVE them! They have played with them every day. Seeing these reminded me of some Revolutionary War ones I bought back when we went to Gettysburg. We dug those out as well. I think they are neat because the kids are reenacting a little bit of history each time they play with them.

Boo & Elvis have had a fantastic time playing with these new toys.



There are more Indians & horses in the background. I just didn't feel like setting them all up. Lol.


The Knight set.


We went to Target and immediately bought them new homes. The rule is they go back in the container as soon as they are done being played with. Hopefully this way we will have them around for a long time.

1 comment:

MOMMY said...

So where is this place???? I want one of the Native American sets! Sounds like a cool store!