Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Rough Start




This week has gotten off to a rough start. Monday was terrible. Elvis was whiny, Sweet Pea had attitude & Boo wasn't feeling well and was grumpy. No one wanted to listen or do their schoolwork or chores. (Boo was given a "free pass" from chores b/c of not feeling well.) We ended up missing swimming lessons simply b/c no one would cooperate or get ready to go. I had a splitting headache and wasn't feeling well myself. I was so glad when nap time arrived!

Today was tough too. I woke up to find the room spinning. I don't know why but it just kept going round and round no matter how much I tried to focus on one stationary item. It made me extremely nauseous too. I stayed in bed for about an hour resting & trying to shake it. When I finally made it downstairs I worked with Elvis on his math. He did very well today - no whining! Yay! We even started his pirate lapbook. The girls on the other hand were a different story. Boo kept antagonizing Elvis and wasn't listening or obeying me. Sweet Pea was helpful to me while I rested but when it was time to get to work she dawdled and had many ready excuses. Both girls ended up writing sentences. I think it finally woke them up to the fact that I wasn't going to take it today or throw in the towel. Tonight went well as they did math with Daddy while I went to the gym and exercised. =) I'm praying that tomorrow will be even better for us all. Maybe the girls will start their lapbooks!
















No comments: