Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Thoughts





I am terribly weary of the snow & cold. How many months can one endure this? Ach! The ongoing sickness these past 4 months has not been welcome either. I'm been thinking for quite some time & I have pretty much made up my mind that I want to move south. I never thought I would say that as my heart has belonged here for a long time. There are things I would really miss - our home, family, the mountains, our church family, our homeschool friends, familiar sights & places....... The long winters are wearing on me here. So is the running of our state. It increasingly bothers me that we live in a state where the taxes are high and growing higher every day, it is so liberal that I am afraid that one day we won't even be allowed to parent our own children (I'm completely serious), jobs are disappearing at an alarming rate, the cost of living rises rapidly while salaries stay the same, we have to spend so much on heating our home for 8 months (minimum).........to name a few. I know it's not perfect anywhere but I really want to live somewhere that the growing season is longer, the winters are shorter, a small piece of land is an attainable dream and taxes are more reasonable.
Does such a place exist?









No comments: