Thursday, April 10, 2008

Walking the Trail

The weather has been fantastic this week! We went for a 2-mile walk on a popular walking/biking trail near home. The kids love that they can ride their scooters and bikes. Even Bugs was allowed to run free at the end of our walk when there were less people around. The exercise is good for all of us too. We are enjoying being outside again. The next few days are supposed to be rainy which means we will now appreciate the time we've had outdoors in the sunshine even more.






There was some leftover snow in a shady area.

Sign of a Beaver

Deluxe Apartment in the Sky


Beautiful View

Another Nest

Enjoying the Scenery


Nut!

A Little Green Growing


A Sign of Spring

The Sun is Setting


I'm FREE!

Learning About Nature

Collecting Nature ~ Tiny Pine cones


The Geese Return
Their honking was so loud at one point that it sounded like a bunch of kids honking bicycle horns!

Quietly Observing

The Prince on His Throne

A Perfect Place for a Photo


Being Silly

Big & Little

Free at Last!

Evidence of Beavers

Brave or Stupid? I've heard these often travel hand in hand.
Sweet Pea asked if I wanted to ride her bike. At first I refused but then thought to myself, "Why not amuse the children?" So off I went!

Whizzing By!

Are We Done Yet?
After 20 or more attempts at a photo I was bushed. My legs are feeling the pain today!

Big Sister
Since I had her bike Sweet Pea helped out Bugs. Here she is helping him "ride" her scooter. He wants to be a big kid so badly!

2 comments:

Mama Teaching 3 said...

What a sweet day!

Anonymous said...

Yep. Sweet.