Monday, April 14, 2008

Success!


Tonight I tried something new and started to prepare dinner for tomorrow. I chose to make Black Bean Sloppy Joes (A new recipe - I'm curious to see how it goes over with the family). I thought I'd set out the ingredients & brown the hamburger. After doing that I thought, "Why not put it all together and let it cook overnight?" After all it can cook on low in the crockpot for 8-10 hours. It would save me time tomorrow too. So I did. In addition to this I mixed up the dry ingredients for pancakes and put some beans to soak for baked beans. I feel great about this! I hate to cook and this is a big deal for me to have accomplished this. Yahoo! It was much easier too as I could work without interruption. It was 10:30 and everyone else was in bed. I'm thinking I'll try to do this more often when I have the energy in the evening.

Anyone else have some things they do to make cooking easier?
*****
*********************
*********************************
*********************
P.S. We had a successful dinner at home tonight. Dave made stir fry & rice. Yay!



No comments: