Friday, April 18, 2008

Sweet, Sweet Girls


This afternoon our girls made the decision to have their long hair chopped off in order to donate it to children who have lost their hair to cancer. Boo decided to donate hers to Locks of Love. This is the 2nd time she has done this. Sweet Pea wasn't going to have her hair done at first because we thought it wasn't long enough. (More about this soon.) When I chopped off Boo's hair I cut it too short in the back. She was not thrilled with it but knew how badly I felt and immediately forgave me. That touched my heart. When her hair was actually cut short there were some tears. Once Sweet Pea saw how much her sister was missing her long locks she decided she would have her hair cut short to make her feel better and not so alone. Wasn't that sweet? We ended up measuring Sweet Pea's hair and found another charity that would take 8 inches. She was happy because she could now donate as well. (Locks of Love requires at least 10 inches.)

Now if you know our girls you know how much they LOVE their long hair. For them to do this was a big deal. There were tears for Sweet Pea too as her hair was being cut. It took only a little bit and they were both smiling again. I curled their hair to make it a little more fun and then the whole family took them shopping for new hair clips & headbands. They miss their long hair but said they would do it all over again because they know they are giving to a child that isn't as fortunate as they are. After our trip to the mall they are happy with their sassy new hair styles. I know I said this already but I am very, very proud of them.



Some Before Pictures of Sweet Pea


Some Before Pictures of Boo Bear




Her Cut Ponytail


Some Tears, A Smile & A Cut Ponytail

Fancied Up

Sassy Sisters!

Happy Girls

Daddy's Reaction

Daddy is very proud of his girls.

4 comments:

MOMMY said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!

I just love their new looks! They were so thoughtful to donate their hair. I know C loves her short and sassy new look, it is the "in style" now I guess.

Mom, you did a great job with the cuts as well!!

blessdmomof3 said...

The girls look beautiful with their new haircuts. What a generous thing to do. That is truly esteeming others better than yoursef...I know Jesus is smiling at their choice.
Melissa

Anonymous said...

I think they look adorable with their short hair! I can understand how traumatic that would be for them, though. I'm proud of them too! What a loving act of kindness.

Lesli

Anonymous said...

Thank you for cutting our hair, Mom! We love you! Love, Sweet Pea and Boo Bear