Sunday, April 6, 2008

Menu for the Week


I have other menus written up but I needed to write one to fit the sale items we bought this week. Our local store had some good buys on meat, (not fabulous but better than I've seen in awhile), so most of the meals will use those buys. A new thing I'd like to add to our menu are more bean recipes. With the price of food rising constantly I'm looking for cheaper, filling, nutritious meals.

I've decided that for this week I am not going to attach a specific day to each meal. I will most likely go with my mood of the day to choose what is for dinner. Even though I am not setting a day to each recipe I do think choosing recipes in advance will help greatly. I am not a big fan of cooking and the simpler I can make the process of getting dinner on the table the more likely it is to happen.Here is our menu:
The slash (/) means I will choose between the two.

* Pot Roast w/Potatoes & Carrots; Green Veggie; Biscuits/Muffins

* Chicken Pot Pie (Bisquick Recipe) /OR/ Chicken & Dumplings
Green Veggie/Salad, Muffins

* Potato Soup; Green Veggie/Salad; Cornbread

* Made from Scratch Baked Beans & Hot Dogs with whole wheat buns /OR/ Mexican Hamburger Rice Bake
Carrots & Potato Slices

* Pork Chops Supreme /OR/ Sarah's Pork Chop Casserole
Green Veggie/Salad, Cornbread

* Taco Soup, Nachos, Green Salad, French Bread

* Black Bean Sloppy Joes with whole wheat buns; Carrots; Chips/Tortilla Chips

What do you think?

Some of these recipes will be new to us. I'm curious to see how they turn out and are received by the family.



No comments: