Sunday, April 20, 2008

How We Spent Our Saturday

We were blessed with a gorgeous weekend. Yesterday Dave & the kids spent some time outdoors and then we all went shopping. We combined a few errands to save on gas. It has gone up by more than 30 cents in one week! OUCH! Later when we arrived home we had a late lunch and then went outside to work on a few more projects. Dave dragged the chest I had bought at a church sale last fall. I have been wanting to paint it but prefer to do it outdoors & had been waiting for a few good days in a row. The kids & Dave helped me sand it down and then we painted it. The paint we chose is actually the same color as our dining room. We didn't want to spend extra $ if we didn't need to and this paint was leftover. It will look nice with the lavender color in the living room. I am thrilled with this piece because it's all wood, has terrific storage & will fit nicely in our living room. A great find for only $10!


Looking Up to Big Sister


I thought it was neat that all the kids wanted to help.

Sanding Away!


Boo Planting Bulbs

Elvis Joins In

Digging In His Garden

Cute Pose

She's a Hard Worker

Goofing Around

Dancing!
Sweet Pea had Elvis Presley blasting & the kids loved dancing.


Back to Work!

Doesn't She Look Happy?

Wiping Off the Dust

Mixing the Paint

What Doing Daddy?

Mommy Painting

We Work Well Together =)

Bug Pie, Anyone?

Daddy & Daughters

"Look Mommy! I'm Doing Science!" Elvis declared

First Coat is Complete!
Normally I wouldn't have chosen this color but I think it will look great with the lavender walls in the living room. The other choices were a country blue or taupe. =p We thought this was the best choice. Now all it needs is a 2nd coat & new knobs! I might stencil on it if I get the time.




No comments: