Thursday, November 6, 2008

Scattered Thoughts




We had a successful outing yesterday. I was able to find the Dollar Tree that I was looking for. To our delight it was twice as big as the one back home. We went up and down every aisle so I'd be sure to know what they held. Dave was amused at how excited I was by this find. While out and about we also found a Big Lots, KMart, thrift store & Aldi's. There were lots of others I didn't recognize too. I was even able to get back by a back way! To my amazement I recognized one of the street names and discovered it brought me back around to where I had started! Hooray!




The kids & I are constantly amazed at how BIG the churches are here. Plentiful too! We passed by a Baptist church & I swear it looked like a mini-mall! The parking lot was as big as our Sears lot back home! And it looked like they were adding on!




Today we've done some more unpacking & putting away. I don't mind it too much until I come to a point where I don't have a place for something. I miss my HUGE school/storage side porch closet back home. Hopefully once we get some time to work in the garage we can store some things in there.




Our new stove was delivered last night! I did a little happy dance as they brought it in the door. We are quite tired of take out food and it was wonderful to have a home cooked meal last night. Chicken Divan.........yum! The delivery guys were amused to hear of the timer that wouldn't stop buzzing. One guy said he wondered why it was unplugged when he went to move it. Lol. This new stove cooks like a dream. I was thrilled to find out it is standard now to install a safety latch on the back of the stove too. The last time we purchased a new stove was brand new and you had to do it yourself. Yep, it was quite awhile ago.




Dave called Comcast again last night. It looks like they will be out on Sunday. FINALLY! The lady was really nice. It's the technician that I'm not too thrilled with right about now. Hopefully once he visits on Sunday I will not only have my cable & DVR in my bedroom but I will have my laptop back! Be prepared to be bombarded with photos! Especially of the house! My Mom has been asking & asking for pics of our new home. =)




No comments: