Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Daily Schedule



I've been wanting a schedule for a awhile but it just wasn't possible. With showings and Open Houses happening here & there all summer, the packing & moving, traveling & then trying to get in the house and struggling with all this sickness it wasn't happening and in my opinion foolish to try. I say that b/c it would only add more stress trying to fit a schedule in when it was doomed from the word go.

So today I sat down with all the kids and we came up with a loose, bare bones schedule. I thought it would be a good place to start without overwhelming everyone. The kids were into it volunteering for specific chores. I thought you might want to see what we came up with. I'm sure we will have a more detailed schedule in the futures especially when we get involved in activities and such but this is perfect for us now. Wish us luck!


Daily Schedule:

7:00 a.m. ~ Breakfast

7:30-9:00 a.m. ~ Morning Chores

9:30 a.m. ~ Start School
12:00 p.m. ~ Break & Tidy school supplies

12:30 p.m. ~ LUNCH

1:00-1:30 p.m. ~ Clean up

1:30-2:30 p.m. ~ Play Outside or Exercise

2:40-4:30 p.m. ~ Nap Time/Schoolwork

4:30-5:00 p.m. ~ Tidy Time

Morning & Afternoon Chores:

Make Breakfast

Wash Table & Chairs

Load/Unload Dishwasher

Sweep Kitchen

Vacuum Downstairs

Make Beds

Tidy Room

Bugsy to Potty & Dress Him

Brush Bugsy's Teeth

Clean Downstairs Bathroom

Litter Boxes

Feed & Water Mama, Auntie & Kittens

Feed & Water Casey

Trash
Wipe Down Counters

Fold Blankets on Couch
I sat down with the kids & we made a basic list of chores together. Then they took turns choosing what they wanted to do. I'm sure we will switch the schedule around in the future. There are more chores that need to be done and these will be delegated as they are needed to be completed. Of course I'll have my fair share too. I'm glad to have a schedule again and would love to hear anyone else's schedules. I'm always looking for new ideas!





No comments: