Sunday, May 4, 2008

Whew!


We had a very busy weekend! Saturday was spent running around town. Boo & Sweet Pea were each spending time over at their best friend's houses. The boys, Dave & I loaded up the van and first went to a local church tag sale. They have a big 2-day sale twice a year. On the 2nd day of the sale it is $1/bag. They provide the bags and you pay on your way out with your filled bag. Elvis was ecstatic because he got to fill a bag up all by himself! He is still playing with all his treasures. I found a lot of clothes that I hope will fit Sweet Pea. In the fall I was able to get at least 80% of her winter clothes from their $1/bag sale. Awesome! After the sale we ran home to drop off our bags & call Boo. She was set for the day so we took off again. We ran to pick up some food items and then it was onto Walmart. We were thrilled when Dave was able to find some much needed dress shoes for himself. He wears a size 14 shoe and they are not easy to find, believe me. I dashed next door to Home Depot and found some house plants I have been wanting. (I love the way they look in a home & I know they help improve the air quality as well.) Then we were on our way to the local mall. We needed to find Dave a suit and finally found what he needed in Sears. Praise God that He had us go when they were having a big sale! We were able to buy him pants, a suit jacket, dress shirt, tie & 4 pairs of black dress socks for less than the original price of the suit jacket alone!!!!!!! Dave really needed these things and we are relieved and grateful for God's provision. Our final stop was to the Dollar Store. The boys had been super behaved with all of our running around and we rewarded them with a couple packs of play animals they had been longing for. They have been playing with them all weekend. Once we arrived home it was crash time. Dave picked up Boo a little later and we had a quiet evening at home.


Today was church, Sunday school & then Home Builders this evening. It was my turn to teach the pre-school/kindergarten Children's church. I had 3 boys including my Elvis. It went well and was an hour and a half long. I let the boys play for the last half hour and they enjoyed building ships & planes out of Legos. Sweet Pea went back to her best friend's house for the afternoon. She had a fun weekend over there. This afternoon Elvis, Boo & I curled up in my bed and had a nice, long nap. I adore Sunday afternoons. It was lovely to spend that cuddle time with them. Now everyone is sleeping and gearing up for another busy week.


No comments: