Sunday, May 25, 2008

Front Flower Garden

We worked very hard on Saturday (yesterday). Mom came over and worked all afternoon on our front flower garden. She & I pulled weeds, planted flowers and spread some mulch. I had to stop spreading mulch after awhile as it was giving me a rash. I think it was just an allergic reaction. We also made a run to Walmart and picked up a few things for the house - pillows for our bed (Mom's treat!), a special light bulb for the bathroom, a new toilet paper holder for upstairs, a new shower curtain & liner, 2 small planters & 1 larger planter for the front of the house. Later in the afternoon Tim put the first coat of paint on our front steps. Mom did the 2nd coat and Dave & I did the 3rd and 4th coat together. Dave & I painted the lattice, railings, & sides of the steps too. Next will be the trim around the front door & the front door itself. Any suggestions for a color for our front door? Our house is a grey/green. I'm undecided.

I tell you my Mom is a hard worker! I have always known this but was reminded of it yesterday as she plugged away with no complaints. It would have taken me at least 2 full days if not longer to do that garden by myself. I'm very thankful for all her help.
Looking New Again!

Front Garden After Weeding & Planting

A Closer Look
I wish I had thought to get a before pic.

Bags of Leaves
Mom took a bunch home with her yesterday to dump in their woods. Yay!

New Plants
Mom brought some lilies & violets to spruce up the garden. Don't they make this back spot look great?


2 comments:

Mama Teaching 3 said...

You guys were BUSY! Looks grea. ;)

MOMMY said...

Everything looks great!!! I am sure all of your hard work will pay off very soon!!!