Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Office

Our major project last week was the office. I was tired of it looking like yet another storage room. I had tried to tackle it on my own but it was too big of a job for me alone. I just don't' have my usual energy these days and my lifting is very limited. Dave & Sweet Pea teamed up with me and we worked for hours to get it finished.

Some BEFORE shots:

Closet with boxes all around.

It actually had even more boxes in here than this. I took this photo mid-job. You could barely walk inside the door earlier.


Starting to stack the bookshelves


The AFTER shots:
A job well done.
At this angle you can see the computer chair for the big desk, the small computer desk Dave has set up for the kids schoolwork & games (it still needs to be hooked up), the main bookshelves full of resources and part of the craft/work table.

Here you can see we tucked the bench behind the craft/work table. I hadn't originally planned this but with no other space to put it I tried it out. I really like it! There are the 2 new small shelves Bugs & Dave put together. The crate is full of coloring books.


Here is the craft/work table again. I plan to place a chair or two in the front of it I have to dig them out of the garage first. Lol. A front view of the shelves Bugs & Dave put together. These hold binders, resource material and other little odds & ends for school. The rolling cart is to the left of the shelves and needs to be reorganized. I plan to have Dave install our big whiteboard above the shelves. It will be nice having it back in use again.



A shot of the big computer desk, main computer and little computer desk. We also managed to fit one of the filing cabinets underneath the big desk saving room. We plan to put a big bulletin board on the wall over one side of the large computer desk. We are toying with the idea of shelves on the other side. I think that will help keep the desk surface clear.
I didn't take a picture of the closet because its' not complete yet. For the most part we are keeping our extra school supplies, computer extras, the 2nd filing cabinet and office supplies in there. We may keep art supplies in there if I can squeeze them in. If not, we may have to rearrange the hall linen closet.
We're very pleased with the way the office turned out. The kids & I are really happy & thankful to have a school room of sorts again. And I love having the computer tucked away out of the main living area but still nearby.

No comments: