Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Some Sweet, Some Sad


We're still plugging along here. Today I took a break during the day as I was feeling very tired. Tonight, after some rest I worked on the porch side closet & a little more in the boys room. Tomorrow I hope to do a little more packing & maybe some painting. Then I need to get busy pricing & sorting for Saturday & Sunday.

Our next 2 milestones are our Yard Sale this weekend & our Open House next weekend. The yard sale is making things seem more real. It is sad to sell off things like the swing set we bought for the kids to play on when I was pregnant with Bugs. I was too large & uncomfortable that summer to lug the older 3 to the park. What fun they have had playing on it! Or some of the furniture we have had since we moved into our first house 11 years ago. It's saying good-bye to a piece of our lives and many memories. I find myself near tears sometimes. Even moving things to storage changes things and constantly reminds me of the big change that is happening. Most of our rooms look completely different. Personal little things have been packed away and big pieces of furniture as well. Having toys & clothes in storage make our closets look almost bare. I love this house - fell in love with it the moment I saw it - and pictured us covered in grandchildren here one day. It's strange to think that soon we will no longer own this house or live in these rooms. Again there are so many memories, both happy & sad here. This is the house we brought Bugs home to. It is also where many birthdays and other happy celebrations have been held. The princess party, Rescue Hero party, Bugs' first birthday party, all the special Christmases, our New Years Eve tradition was started here, all the laughter & fun. This is the house where we lost our little Rose. I almost feel like we will leave her behind when we go. I know we carry her in our hearts but I can't help feeling this way. Her rosebushes are in the front garden - one for every year she has been gone. I feel myself going back and forth between excitement for our new adventures that await and sadness for all we will have to leave behind..............


2 comments:

Mama Teaching 3 said...

I bet it is hard to leave behind a home that has sheltered you from storms and hugged you in celebrations! HUGS sweetie!

Kristine said...

Thank you! You understand perfectly. And thank you for the hugs. I was in tears writing that & I needed those hugs. =)