Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Sanity Break

We took a late run to Target last night. The battery on our phone is dying and I don't have a cell phone anymore since Dave took it to TN and I'm still waiting to get a new one (long story). Because of all the wild storms we have been experiencing my Internet has been down a lot too. It was frustrating in this day & age of technology to have no way to communicate to the outside world. And I'm finding it important to my sanity to be able to talk to others! So off we went to Target to find a phone. I figured while we were there we'd pick up a couple of new DVD's for the kids to watch while I clean for showings. There isn't much for them to do when we are getting the house ready b/c they can't take out more than a couple of toys, art stuff is out (too messy), they can't run around the house, they are limited to being in only 1 or 2 rooms, there is no one to watch them outside............you get the picture. It's tough on them b/c they become bored & I can't blame them. I NEVER buy brand new DVD's unless it's a great Black Friday deal so this made our purchases extra special. While we were at Target we ran into some friends of ours. They are also a family of 6 with 3 kids pretty much the same ages as ours. Sweet Pea is older and their youngest is an infant. We were thrilled to see them! They were having a rough time too and Julie (the mom) and I chatted for quite awhile. I think she gave me some of my sanity back with that talk. THANK YOU, JULIE!!!!!! Things have been rough with this non-stop cleaning & everyone missing Daddy and it was such a comfort to talk to another mom & friend face-to-face. We have a tentative playdate planned for Friday. My kids are already counting down the hours! Lol!

So.............now we have our new phone and hopefully will have a new cell phone too as well. We really needed this so we can talk to Dave/Daddy at night. We all look forward to it and since he doesn't have a computer down there it is our only form of immediate communication right now.

I must run now. My darling daughter chose to wait until we all wanted waffles to inform me that she threw out our eggs the other day b/c she thought they were bad. I wish she had told me one of the 2 times I was out in the store yesterday. At least we don't live too far from a grocery store. =)

No comments: