Monday, June 9, 2008

Hot, Hot, HOT!

Oh my goodness it's hotter than Hades here! It has been this way all weekend. The kids, Dave & I are all roasting today. We were working on projects in the house this morning and before I knew it one by one the kids had copied my idea of wearing a wet washcloth to keep cool. Bugs came in the room & I burst out laughing. He wanted to be like everyone else but grabbed the first thing he saw. It was his sister's purple sock. He had that draped over his head and was wearing it so proudly. LOL! What a riot! We bestowed him with a wet washcloth and he wore that all day including wearing it on a trip to the storage unit. I wish I had taken a pic. He looked adorable in his over sized t-shirt, diaper (which you couldn't see b/c of the shirt), Elmo sandals & washcloth head covering.

We had planned to go to the lake this afternoon but the van started acting up. We made a trip to drop it off at the dealership instead. =( Not exactly the fun outing we had planned. The kids were a little disappointed but were happy to play in our little pool instead. They are easy to please. =) Now I'm lounging in my room - the only one with A/C - and being lazy. I need to look at my "To Do" list and get started on yet another project. It's tough b/c in one way I will be super glad when this week is over & our projects are done but on the other hand the end of the week brings Dave's departure. Mixed emotions for certain.

No comments: