Friday, June 27, 2008

Down

I'm feeling down tonight. I miss Dave terribly. Thank God for the telephone and unlimited long distance! I am still exhausted. I am doing everything on my own including keeping the house & yard neat and clean in hopes we find a buyer. The preps for a showing literally take me all day & also the night before. I clean from the time I get up until well past midnight or beyond. Some people have made comments to me that if I "maintain" and such it won't be so hard. I do maintain but what they don't realize is that we have 5 people living here 24/7. And the kids have to be able to live, ya know? They can't be expected to not touch anything all day every day. They make it sound like all I will have to do before a showing is run a dust cloth & vacuum a rug or two. It goes way above & beyond that. Showing a house, especially in a buyers market, means your house has to be immaculate. You have to dazzle. Regular daily cleaning does not dazzle. Plus not a thing can be out of order. Not in the house & not in the yard. Every room, every floor, every closet, every cabinet, every drawer, every shelf, every carpet, every window, etc. etc. - yep EVERYTHING has to be immaculate. Unless you have a maid I don't know anyone who has 4 children, an absent spouse and lives without a thing out of place. It's a lot for one person. Missie does help but she is a kid and I don't want to put that kind of responsibility on her shoulders. KWIM? I do thank her for her help. She is being so wonderful. I wish I had Dave here. I'm feeling overwhelmed big time. If it wasn't for the Lord & the hope that we wil join Dave soon I would have given up already.

Off to bed now. Tomorrow is another non-stop cleaning day. Please pray for our Open House this Saturday! I am hoping against hope that our buyer will show up in the next week! A girl can dream, right?

1 comment:

MOMMY said...

Oh Kristine! I feel for you!! I look back to the days of selling our house with P working 12 hours days and me and the three kids doing it all-it is NOT a matter of maintaining! We did it for over 5 months and it is exhausting! You are doing the best that you can and I will say after looking at over 30 houses that it is OK if it is not PERFECT everytime-buyers will look past clean dishes drying on the counter or the cabinet not perfectly straight as long as the house itself is clean, which I know yours is.

Good luck and we are praying for you!!!! Call me today if you get stressed-I am home all day.