Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Lightbulb Goes On

We have been wanting to put a room in our basement since we moved in almost 4 years ago. Clearing out and having a yard sale last summer is as close as we've come. And actually the basement is a wreck again. I call it "The Dungeon". Since this is such slow going I thought maybe the girls could move back in together & the boys could now share a room. Bugs is older now and doesn't sleep in his room anyway.This would free up the smallest bedroom for a playroom/schoolroom/guest room/toy room/everything room. I talked it over with the children making sure they knew that Daddy & I had the final say. At first the girls were reluctant to share a room again. I had them sit down at the table and write 10 positive things about sharing a room. They were allowed to add in requests too such as, "I would like the top bunk". I helped E-boy with his. E-boy's touched my heart. He was thrilled at the idea of sharing a room with his little brother. The girls had a couple that melted my heart as well. Boo said that she missed sharing a room at night and Sweet Pea said that though she wanted the top bunk she would give it to her sister. Awww.....
These are some pics of moving day.

High ho! High ho! It's off to work we go!

What was I thinking?!?!?!?


Under Construction ~ Girl's Room


The Beginnings of the Playroom/Schoolroom/Guest Room/Everything Room
It made me sad to pack up the crib. My baby is no longer a baby. Wah!


No comments: