Friday, January 2, 2009

Bargains

I took the kids shopping at Target on Tuesday. I wanted to pick up some organizational items for the boys' room & other areas of the house. That's one of the tough parts about moving, trying to find places for everything in a new set up. I figured we'd see if anything was left in the candy aisle too. We had hit it the day after Christmas at 50% off and it was bound to be a deeper discount now.

Here is what we found:



Candy for 75% off!
It came to 60 cents a bag. And the candy canes were 25 cents a box. Hot dog!

More candy!
The boxes were only 39 cents. I plant to throw the candy in the freezer & use them for treats, baking & maybe even Valentine' Day.

The candy canes were only 25 cents each!

Organization, here we come!
The wire storage cubbies were $4 off. We bought some of these at the old house and they were great for extra storage in the bedrooms, front porch & closets. The shoebox containers were marked back down to $1 and are perfect for all those little toys. The baskets were not on sale but still a good buy. We bought some last summer for some of the boys toys. I have been impressed on how well they have held up. No cracks or breaks! And believe me our storage containers are constantly getting broken as the kids are hard on them.


I forgot about these buckets we got at Michael's last week. They were marked down to 49 cents each. Ours got chewed up by Sedona & broken over the summer. The kids liked that they could choose their own color. Now we are ready for that sandbox come spring!

1 comment:

MOMMY said...

Great deals! When we got to the Target 75% off sale I did not see any candy left-it must have gone fast.

Enjoy more organizing! I have enjoyed our week of cleaning and organizing, this weekend we are relaxing. C is now sick-I knew that someone elsew ould get what B had! Poor thing has a temp of 102!