I finally finished my meal planning & shopping lists for the next 2 weeks. After talking with my friend Kristi I thought I'd share in case anyone would like to see. =) I usually appoint a specific day of the week to each meal but this time I decided not to do that. I'll choose more according to time & taste what sounds good for that night choosing from the list. A side effect of pregnancy? Lol. =)
I made my shopping lists according to the ingredients I'd need for these meals plus a few snacks & breakfasts. I find we definitely save $$ this way. This is much needed as our budget is tighter than ever lately. Dave & Sweet Pea took a quick inventory before the shopping trip. This prevents us from buying more than we need. Dave has been taking some or all the kids and doing the grocery shopping these past couple of months. Though in some ways I miss it, (I know I'm a strange duck. Hee, hee), I am deeply thankful he is taking this large task over. I don't have the stamina for it at this time as it involves a few hours and sometimes 3-4 different stores.
I made up a menu for both lunches & suppers for 2 weeks but I'll just share the suppers for now. Here they are!
1. Chili & Cornbread
2. Spaghetti, Sauce, Bread & Salad (Salad has been on sale here lately. If it wasn't we'd have a green veggie instead.)
3. Quesadillas, Refried Beans, Cornbread & Salad
4. Chicken Divan & Bread or Muffins
5. Potato Soup, Muffins or Bread, & Salad
6. Lasagna, Green Veggie, Bread or Muffins
7. Lentil, Turkey (or Chicken), Veggie Soup & Muffins
8. Pizza Night ~ English Muffin Pizzas & Carrot sticks
9. Taco Night
10. Pot Roast w/carrots, onions & potatoes and peas or broccoli
11. BBQ Pork, Buns, Raw carrots, Baked beans
12. Layer Dinner, Muffins or Bread
13. Mexican Hamburger Rice Bake & Broccoli Parmesan
14. Chicken Green Bean Casserole, Muffins or Bread, Extra Veggie?
A few of these are new recipes I have never tried before. I will have some PB&J standing by just in case. =)
This time I threw a few extras in just in case. What can I say, I like variety! Lol.
Honey Baked Chicken pg. 130
Chicken Pot Pie pg. 130