Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Changes

I hope you understand as I journal a bit....................


When I look back at the past few months so much has happened! It struck me just yesterday how this pregnancy has flown by so far. The first couple of months were slow as I was quite sick, afraid of miscarriage and struggling with some broken relationships..............but from then on "Whoosh!" it has flown. I am now past the halfway point and enjoying my 3rd trimester. I am definitely in the waddling stage of things & have quite the tummy. I was laughing at myself Sunday night as I tried in vain to keep up with the gentleman at church who was leading us down the hallway to the dinner. He was going at a fast clip and I tried to keep up but my body just couldn't do it. LOL! Thankfully Sweet Pea stayed behind with me to make sure I didn't get lost.

Some other things I've noticed are that I'm filling up really fast, I can't stand very long at all, I am extremely tired, everything gives me heartburn, I'm still getting sick most mornings, I have to change positions often to be comfortable & I am huge! Today while I was cutting the boys hair I was again reminded of how little time I can spend on my feet. I only made it through Elvis' haircut & then halfway through Bugsy's before I absolutely had to sit down. The best is that Baby's movements are getting stronger. Lately I swear it's by the day. There are times I swear this Baby is determined to find a way OUT! The thumps & kicking are quite hard now and sometimes will even make me gasp out loud. I wouldn't say that they always hurt but they are certainly noticed & cause reaction. I do love being pregnant. It is such a treasured time.

Dave & I finally had some time this past Sunday to sit down and contemplate names. We haven't settled on one yet - heck we don't even have a top 5! Lol! - but we have a long list of possibilities. And we've even agreed on some of them. Hee, hee!

We're still working on clearing out the nursery. It has been a storage room since we moved in but as the clock ticks down we need to get organized. It's slow going as Dave has been working late every night on a new project at work & I can't lift or even push the boxes around. (Pelvis pain) Monday night we worked together & the girls joined us. This worked great as I could sort items & shelve things and the girls could put things away in different parts of the house. There is no closet in the Baby's room so we are figuring out ways to store items more neatly than usual. For the few clothes that need to be hung I think we will use part of the boys' closet or part of ours. I can hardly wait to get to the point where we can set everything up and decorate. What fun that will be!

Can you believe we only have a little over 2.5 months left until we meet this Little One? That stuns me every time I think of it! And I absolutely LOVE reading the weekly updates of how our sweet baby is growing & developing. It never ceases to amaze me what a miracle this truly is. Thank you, Lord.



1 comment:

Megan said...

I feel so privileged to be able to read these thoughts and to share in the countdown until this Little One arrives. :) I look forward to seeing pictures of your nursery and seeing the innovative ways you use your new space. You will LOVE having an April baby. There's something about the onset of spring and the arrival of a new child that makes for a "magical" combination. And then there's the thrill of being able to lean over and pick up something off the floor without a monumental effort!! I remember those days all too well...