Thursday, September 9, 2010

Zones

We're doing the zone cleaning again this year. I like that I know who is responsible for each room, (instead of a job here & a job there), and the kids like that they know when they have completed their zone they are done.

In case you didn't see my post last year this is what I did. I divided our home into zones. We have the kitchen, laundry room, living room, hallway, family room & downstairs bathroom. I made a checklist of duties to complete per zone. Then I wrote up the steps for each zone. This is to save me having to tell them over & over what need to be done & how to do it. They are to check off each task as they complete it. I let the kids help me choose who has what zone. Some zones are shared by both a younger & older child. So far it's going well. The only hurdle has been to get them to start them without having to be nagged. =0)

The checklists & steps are all placed in the Zone Binder. I put the steps in sheet protectors. The checklists are taken out, checked off and then returned.

Another peek at a checklist & description.

Laundry Room Checklist

Boo working on her laundry room/pantry zone.

Elvis shares the Downstairs Bathroom Zone with Sweet Pea.
He is doing his part which is the toilet & the floor.

Filling up the water for the cats.

Elvis volunteered for the Living Room Zone.
Here he is dusting the entertainment center.


1 comment:

Rhonda said...

I love this plan and I am happy to hear that it is still going strong.