Sunday, February 8, 2009

Perfect Day


Today was another gorgeous day. I think it may have been a bit warmer but I am not certain. I did check yesterday and it reached 69 degrees!

We took the kids to the Nashville Zoo this afternoon. What a glorious day! We slept in and then took our time getting ready. Once at the zoo, (where we used our membership to get in so no $ out of pocket), we leisurely walked around the zoo grounds. I actually didn't do much walking as it is very difficult for me now. This is the same way I was in my last 2 pregnancies. We rented a wheelchair at the zoo and Dave guided me around. It was nice! And the best part is I won't be super sore and unable to walk tomorrow. =) Although it is still winter we were able to see most of the animals. There were even 2 zoo workers out & about with birds bringing them up close to us. One lady held a cockatoo and the other a red tailed hawk. Both were amazing looking birds. We didn't get to hear the talk about the hawk as it was near closing time but we did learn that the cockatoo lives up to 80 years! I was amazed as I had no idea they could live such a long life. We ended our time at the zoo playground. That place is amazing! The kids had a ball running around from one thing to another. Many had the same idea as us as the zoo was rather busy. On the way home we stopped at McD's for a treat of 75 cent ice cream cones. They hit the spot! We had such a fantastic time. Dave & I kept telling each other that we couldn't' believe this was February! I love this type of weather. Not too hot, not to cold. Just right. The 60's & 70's are my favorite.

I'll post pictures soon! Now it's off to bed as another week starts tomorrow. Boy does the weekend fly!

No comments: