Tuesday, February 3, 2009

3 Chefs

Last Friday I was in one of my rare cooking & baking moods. I recruited Bugs & Sweet Pea to help me. Bugs enjoyed pouring, scooping & mixing. Sweet Pea was a tremendous help as she brought me different ingredients so I could stay put at the table. I wouldn't have been able to be on my feet standing still for so long and we would have been lucky to even complete one project. We made lots of yummies & I was happy to feel like in charge of my kitchen again.



Bugs was eager to begin.


Scooping & Tossing


This was his favorite.....pouring in the tomatoes.
(BTW, we were making homemade spag. sauce)


Nana's blueberry muffins ~ YUM!


Pixie finds a sunny spot on the floor.


Sassy preferred to curl up in the disarray of dishtowels.


Bugs sinking his teeth into a fresh from the oven homemade muffin.


Next was a streusel coffee cake!
I also cooked up some chicken and then de-boned it. I shredded a block and a half of cheese too. That was the prep work for dinner that night ~ quesadillas! Yummy! Boy was Dave happy & surprised when he came home from work!










2 comments:

Megan said...

Kristine,

I'm so proud of you!! These pictures look like they're out of a cookbook. Diet or no diet, I wouldn't be able to resist one of those blueberry muffins if they were cooling on MY counter. :) I'm sure that this was a blast for Bugs and a big blessing to your hubby and kids. :)

Kristine said...

Awww......thanks. You are too kind. =)