Sunday, February 1, 2009

Birthday Fun

Dave celebrated his birthday a little over a week ago. It was nice that it was on a Friday as we could relax and enjoy the celebration. The kids decided they wanted to do all the decorating so I let them have at it. They were about to bounce off the walls they were so looking forward to Daddy coming home and seeing what they had done for him. Sweet Pea also wanted to make him a cake. I had planned on doing it the next day but since she wanted to so badly I let her. IN the long run it was nice for me b/c it saved me something extra to do on a very busy Saturday. =)
Another neat thing is that the kids bought Daddy presents with their OWN money. I had told them we would take a trip to the Dollar Tree after we visited WIC (Holy Cow, was THAT a job!), and they immediately raced to their piggy banks to get $ to spend for Daddy. That really touched my heart. They don't get a lot of $ of their own. Sometimes for a birthday gift and if they earn it a little bit of allowance each week which would only be $1-$2.

They used the football toy kit to decorate the table for Daddy. I thought this was a very creative idea.



Here are some of the drawings they made as decorations. Most had to do with the Steelers, Daddy's absolute favorite team. =)



Daddy's Special Hat
When I spotted this hat in the Dollar Tree I simply could not resist. It was a big hit!


Pizza was a special treat for dinner!


Cake by Sweet Pea ~ Daddy loved it!


Daddy makes a birthday wish.


Elvis bought Daddy a new tape measure. His had recently been broken and he was very happy to get a new one to replace it.


Bugsy bought Daddy an 8-pk of his favorite candy - Butterfingers!
(I helped him with the purchase since he is only 3, after all.)

Boo Bear selected & bought this calculator for Daddy all by herself. She was proud she thought of a gift Daddy would use all the time.


Sweet Pea remembered how Daddy is always searching for a pen. So she bought him a new bag of fancy BIC pens - his favorite!


I bought him some movies I found on sale. We are looking forward to carving out time for a movie date night.


I couldn't pass up this monkey puzzle when I spotted it. It was too funny! Dave got a big kick out of it as we had hoped he would.


Bugs helps Daddy out.


Daddy received some new duds too!


And what would a birthday be without some treats! They will keep him going late nights when he is balancing the budget & paying the bills.


Daddy has a soft spot for Sassy.


Everyone loved Daddy's hat and wanted to try it on. Here is Elvis!


Boo Bear wanted a turn too!


Bugs managed to capture Pixie.


Lovey Boy


I couldn't resist the cuteness.


What a patient kitty!


How can that face NOT crack you up?


Boo settles in the watch the newest episode of Clone Wars.

Of course Elvis was right there! Clone Wars is his absolute favorite show!


I think Daddy is hooked now too.


Bugsy's turn wearing the coveted hat.

Sweet Pea cuddles with Pixie.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DADDY!

No comments: