Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Disappointment Abounds

After waiting 3.5 days tonight we found out we lost out on the house. They chose the other offer. I want to cry. The house was so perfect for us - lots of living space, big bedrooms, lots of storage, double garage, separate studio for our homeschool, 1-acre of yard, close to Dave's work, great price, etc. - but we couldn't close right away so they chose the other person. I am so discouraged. We are going to stop looking for now. We've been disappointed twice now losing out on homes we thought were perfect for us. And this house here in MA still sits while the market continues to sour. We were so encouraged last Saturday with the Open House. We've had drive-bys since then and another showing. But everyone is silent. Our Realtor called to follow up those who were interested but no one returned her calls. We made all sorts of improvements to the house before Dave left for TN and we are doing more now. I don't know how much more $ we can sink into this house when we aren't going to get any of it back. We barely have it priced above what we purchased it for 5 years ago. People seem to want everything for $. We are selling this house not giving it away. This market sucks.

3 comments:

Mama Teaching 3 said...

HUGS! The market does suck for the sellers right now. But it was the only way we got our house for the price we did.

Someone needs your house...and they will pop up when you least expect it! I know it! Our house was on the market for a LONG time and we were such a blessing to the family we bought from. She too had been without her hubby. It was good to know that we helped bring them back together. She had even had a baby all alone during the wait. :(

You could tell at the signing that they were HAPPY to have it done and over. She even left me a sweet note and blessed our new beginnings in that letter. :)

Think of this as a growing time...you will be reunitied! The house will sell! And those other 2 homes were not perfect...there is a better one out there. :)

Kristine said...

Thank you for sharing your story with me. It makes me feel better to know I'm not alone. I can't even imagine having a baby by myself.

I hope that family comes soon. I can't help it. I'm not good at waiting. I think having Dave come home every 2 weeks from now on will help immensely. This past week has been terribly long.

How long was your house on the market? The last time we sold, 5 years ago, ours was on for 4 or 5 months and it was a seller's market then. That house was hard to sell though b/c of what it was like. It was our first house. Humble beginnings. =)

Thanks again for being there & leaving me comments. I always look forward to them.

MOMMY said...

Sorry for the dissapointment!! I must agree though, there is a better house for you out there! We had so so many houses that we thought were the one and lost out and now I know that God had a plan bigger than ours. This house is really perfect for us and who knew that we needed it because of our newest arrival a few months later! Keep praying and remember taht we are all here for you to vent when you need to!!!! Best of luck!!