Saturday, July 26, 2008

Cooking With Bugsy

Recently I wanted to make some meals to freeze. Bugsy was looking bored so I invited him to join me in cooking. I knew it would take longer having his help but I reminded myself that I need to make these memories while they are still little. It ended up being a ton of fun. He was completely enthusiastic with every step. I'm thankful I have these photos to remind me of this memorable day.

Spaghetti Sauce From Scratch
Since we started making our own spag. sauce several years ago I can hardly stand the taste of the canned or jarred brands. Add tomatoes from last year's garden, (or fresh off the vine like last summer), & freshly picked basil and oregano and - YUM!




Bugsy loved to stir. Every time I turned around he was splashing away. Lol!

More Tomatoes! After all they are the main ingredient.


Proud Chef

Adding Tomato Sauce

Now Into Crockpot #2


A Happy Chef-in-Training

Adding Herbs, Salt & Sugar


Freshly Picked Basil ~ SEE?

Now the Bay Leaf!

Here Are the Chopped Onions!

Into the Pot

Singing While She Works

She's Smiling Because She Knows the Secret Ingredient!

Simmering Away ~ Smells Super Yummy!


No comments: