Monday, December 10, 2007

Yummy Yummy For My Tummy

The tech came earlier than expected, PTL! I was in the middle of baking, heating water for dishes, washing dishes, etc. when he arrived. He ended up having to replace the control box too. He said it shut down when the safety kicked in and wouldn't start back up again. I don't know how much it is. I knew it had to be done and didn't worry about it. Dave will find out later. It is toasty warm here and the furnace is still going. I have it set for 65. Ahhhh............

The kitchen was nice and warm with all the baking and heating water. I made 2 BIG loaves and 1 small loaf of apple bread. I then made a double batch of apple bars. I got both of those recipes from my new book from Living On a Dime. Lastly I made a GIANT pot of chicken veggie soup. I am kind of experimenting. I had some leftover broccoli & peas and threw them in with the water, broth, carrots, celery & onions. I'm cooking the chicken now and will soon throw that in as well. I'm using one of those big canning pots and have it 3/4 full. I plan to freeze a good bit of the soup for later. All those things took me about 4 hours. My feet are tired. But it's a good feeling to have all that done! The house smells delicious!

Apple Bread



Apple Squares
Well they will be squares after I cut them. Lol.


Soup Galore!


No comments: