Thursday, December 6, 2007

Christmas Candy Wreath

Recently I found this neat frugal website. It is called Living On a Dime. When I saw this idea for a candy wreath I thought what a neat idea. It is pretty, festive, consumable and something that you can give to most anyone. I decided to try my hand at making one and first gathered my supplies. I bought the candy at the Dollar Tree & Dave bought me a big bag of mixed candy at Walmart. The coat hanger came from my closet & Dave trimmed it and made the "frame" for me. I used leftover yarn to tie the candy on. It took me a little over 3 hours to make. Here it is!

Starting out...........




About 1/2 way there..........
This is where I decided on my pattern.




Look at how it's coming along!





Getting closer!



Wah-la! Finished!
I'm very pleased with how it came out. I only have to get a big, red ribbon to put at the top and it will be complete.
********************************************************************

Thanks Living on a Dime!!!!!!!





No comments: