Friday, December 7, 2007

Unexpected Adventure

A is for Adventure


After an appointment Tuesday morning Sweet Pea & I went to my Mom's to pick up the younger three. When we arrived we found that my parent's driveway had not been plowed or treated. We tried several times to make it up their long, uphill driveway but kept hitting ice. Finally we parked near the bottom and hiked up to the house. Before we started though I noticed that the front tire sounded like it was leaking air. Oh boy.

When we got to the house I called Dave & he came from work. By the time he arrived the tire was as flat as a pancake. We then hunted high & low for the spare. It was not in the back as we thought but in between the front seats and first row. We pretty much took everything out of the van b/f we found it. Lol. Then he jacked the van up, took off the nuts and tried to get the tire off. It wouldn't budge. We read & re-read the manual trying to find the "trick" but nothing. He tried a few more times and then we hiked back up to the house so he could call a Honda dealer. He tried several places but couldn't reach a real person. Finally he called a guy we bought a car from several years back that owns his own small dealership out near my parents. He told Dave it was probably rust holding the tire on and to keep wailing at it until it loosened. Back outside we went. I held down tight on the break (we were parked on a hill) while Dave wailed away first with his foot then with a hammer and then with his foot again. I had to crack up b/c while he was pounding at the tire he was yelling, "Get off! Get OFF!" "Why won't you come off?!?!?!?!?" I know I would have done the same thing but it was amusing hearing him talk to the tire. Finally the thing budged and Dave was able to yank it off and put on the spare. Success!



While we waited for Daddy the kids played video games with Uncle Tim.
The boys enjoy watching their big sister play.





Boo is deep in concentration as she plays too.

E-boy loves Kitara


Flat As A Pancake



Where Is That Spare?




Found It!
After a long hunt we finally found where the spare was hiding.


Get OFF!
Dave removes the nuts & then the battle begins!
MY HERO!



What a day! Not exactly what we had planned but I'm very thankful that this happened at my Mom's and not on the side of the road. There is no cell reception up at my Mom's and it was very cold outside. That would have been an even longer day if we had broken down on our way there or home. Thank you, God for looking out for us!








No comments: