Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Organizing Dilemma

I was looking at some blog entries this morning and one in particular caught my eye. It was posted by I'm An Organizing Junkie. She posted about another blogger who did an amazing job on her hugs craft closet. I have to say as one who loves to organize I was practically drooling when I saw the end result. All those organized bins! The clean shelves! The labels! The dresser! The paint job! And the genius idea of using a rotating spice rack! I love seeing how others organize. It gives me inspiration not only HOW to organize better but to do it period. I do have this lingering question that no one has been able to answer yet. It is this.......with children in the house & a hubby who does not do detail HOW IN THE WORLD do you KEEP your closets, etc. organized? Even my bins that are carefully labeled don't stay organized. They just throw things in there willy nilly. Yep, laziness. It drives me absolutely crazy. One of my biggest pet peeves is exactly this. Why? Why is it so hard to put things back where they belong? I've done the "a place for everything" but my family does not seem to finish with "and everything in it's place". I'm afraid I will never receive an answer to that question. But what about my first question? I would love to hear ideas you have. I feel like I've tried everything I can think of but it hasn't worked with my family. Do you have any ideas that have worked with yours? If you have please H-E-L-P M-E!



1 comment:

Megan said...

Kristine, this dilemma brings to mind a friend who found some sort of magnetic locks for all of her toy closets. She held the keys and maintained her sanity (and control over the mess). She has 7 children and has an effective system for nearly every aspect of her home. :) I can't relate to the husband who doesn't do detail. Someone at work actually told Stephen that "he redefined the word ANAL." Is that a compliment?! ;)