Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Amazing, Isn't It?

Princess' announcements are here! I am eager to get them addressed & mail them out. Princess kept me rather busy this morning but I did manage to get 14 addressed, labeled & stamped. They are ready & waiting in our mailbox for Mr. Mailman even as I type.

Call me old fashioned but I have to say that I am pretty impressed at the ease of announcements these days. I remember 13 years ago when I had my first child. We couldn't even afford film never mind formal announcements. My Mom & I cut up some stationary paper we had on hand, (a friend of ours worked at a local paper company & would give us leftovers), and hand wrote our own announcements. We put a cute sticker on them for decoration. Now for Princess' I didn't even have to go to the store! I took the pics on my digital camera, went on Walmart's website, chose the style of card I wanted and downloaded (uploaded?) my photos onto it and what I wanted written. I emailed it in and wha-la! The next morning they were ready & waiting for us complete with envelopes! I was even able to place my order at 11p.m.! How is that for convenience? And the cost was very reasonable too. Only $16 for 40 photo cards! Wow! Isn't it amazing how technology changes even little things?

I'm off to nurse a Little One that's waiting for me! And maybe ooh & ahh over the photos on her announcements again.

No comments: