Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Reaping Rewards at Rite Aid

I have started shopping a bit at Rite Aid. Normally I NEVER shop at drugstores b/c the prices are much higher than the grocery store or the department stores. Recently I heard of the CVS ECB program. I haven't tried it yet b/c frankly I don't have the time (or brain power) to figure it all out. The Rite Aid program caught my eye. We have had many stores here change over to Rite Aid, (used to be Brooks), and they have been promoting weekly Grand Opening sales. While cruising the fliers for these G.A. sales I saw they have a rebate program too. Some of the deals are quite nice. Plus I adore the fact that you can enter all your receipts easily online. They then calculate your savings & send you a check at the click of a button. How sweet is that? I have shopped there 3 times now. The photo above are the deals I got this week. I have written the breakdown below for those that are interested. If you don't want to read the nitty gritty details skim down to the bottom of the post for my grand savings.

Oil of Olay Cleanser ~ Price $9.99 - $7.99 Sale Price - $7.99 R.A. Rebate - Final Cost = FREE

Revlon Nail Enamel ~ Price $4.79 - $2.99 Sale Price - $2.99 R.A. Rebate - Final Cost = FREE

Charles Worthington Hair Care ~ $5.99 Price -4.99 Sale - $4.99 R.A. Rebate - Final Cost = FREE

Gillette Men's Shampoo ~ $4.49 Price - $3.49 R.A. Rebate - $1.00 coupon - Final Cost = FREE

Gillette Fusion Razor ~ $9.00 Price - $5.00 R.A. Rebate - $4.00 coupons - Final Cost = FREE

Nature's Care Acne Cream ~ $9.99 Price - $7.99 Sale- $7.99 R.A. Rebate - Final Cost = FREE

G.E. Soft White Light Bulbs ~$4.79 Price -$2.99 Sale - $2.99 R.A. Rebate -Final Cost = FREE

Nice N' Easy ~$7.99 Price -$7.49Sale-$3.99R.A.Rebate -$1.50 in-ad coupon $2 coupon -Final Cost =FREE

Infusion Shampoo ~ $7.69 Price -$5.99 Sale- $1.99 R.A. Rebate - $3 coupon - Final Cost = $1.00

Old Spice 3-pack Razors ~ $3.99 Price - $3.99 R.A. Rebate - Final Cost = FREE

Cover Girl Lipstick ~ Buy one Get one 50% off ~ $1.00 coupon - Final Cost = $2.00 each

OxyClean Tub - $4.99 Price - $1.99 Sale Price

Kleenex Tissues - Buy 1 Get 1 Free - .50 coupon on 3 - Final Cost = .62/box

Kitchen Trash Bags - Buy 1 Get 1 Free - Final Cost = $1.49/box

Gallon Freezer Bags - Buy 1 Get 1 Free - Final Cost = $1.29/box

* I paid $70.91 out of pocket including sales tax.
* I saved $13 in coupons (out of pocket savings)
* I am expecting a Rebate Check of $45.41
* The total price for all these items at full price would be $87.05

* When all is said and done I will have paid $25.50 out of pocket for all of the above items!
Or $1.21 per item!
That's a total savings of $61.55!

Oh, and I forgot to add that the C.W. shampoo came with a free bonus tube. And the acne cream came with a free package of mechanical pencils. What a lovely surprise!

No comments: