Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Goodbye Old Friend

This is our waffle iron given to us on our wedding day a little over 14 years ago. I remember the friends who gave it to us and the wife telling me that she specifically picked a waffle iron with heart shaped waffle plates. How sweet was that? This faithful waffle iron has moved with us 7 times and cooked waffles countless mornings. I will always remember it's loud "chirp" announcing that our breakfast was ready & piping hot. It's end came on August 9th, 3 days after it's 14th anniversary. While faithfully making waffles the back caught on fire. I begged Dave to let me take one final picture for the memory books before he tossed it out. I know I'm extremely sentimental, (some even may say silly), but I felt sad. Good-bye faithful friend.

1 comment:

Mama Teaching 3 said...

I so totally get every word you said! Goodbye old friend!