Thursday, February 21, 2008

Working Hard!

Now that we received some of our tax return Dave & I have many home projects that we are eager to start. Today Dave took a day off of work and worked at home instead. He accomplished a lot! He cut and put up some trim in the stairwell, painted a 2nd coat on the bathroom ceiling, painted 2 coats on the bathroom door & finished the 2nd coat in the upstairs hallway. He also took the girls to their piano lessons and picked up books at the library. He hopes to start painting the stair rail tomorrow night.

I have been working on cleaning & re-organizing. The girls & I have finished the boys' room & the playroom & are presently working on the their room. We have been working on various drawers, cabinets & closets too. Tomorrow I hope to hit the laundry & more scrubbing in the kitchen.
Today my main project was to price supplies for our homeschool 'Travel Day'. I am hosting it on Monday and am excited about it! We are "traveling" to meet the Amish. I have a bunch of books from the library and have found many helpful websites. I am facinated by this group of people and their way of life. I am really looking forward to Monday & our hands-on projects & learning!






No comments: