Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Courtship vs. Dating




We had a terrific speaker come tonight to share on the topic of Courtship vs. Dating. Sweet Pea attended with me. The speaker had lots of handouts and book recommendations. I felt very validated in my beliefs and values and also learned a lot. We had lots of discussion time too which I enjoyed.

I don't know about you but the thought of sending my daughters out on dates scares me to death. To me it doesn't feel quite right at 13, (yep, nowadays it starts that young or younger), to have my daughter(s) seeking romantic relationships with boys. Friendships are fine as are group outings but dating? Frankly I think kids are growing up way too fast. Anyway, I felt that this gave me some concrete ways to guide and protect my children. I definitely feel that our children will be taught courtship and not traditional dating.

Thank you Terry for setting this up!

2 comments:

MOMMY said...

Sounds like a great session!

Forgive me for sounding ignorant, but what is the difference? I would be interested in hearing about it.

Thanks!
Amy

Kristine said...

Amy, I'd be happy to share the hand-outs next time we meet up. It is really great information. Don't feel "ignorant". That's why we had to the meeting to find out what it was all about. You are not alone! :)