Sunday, February 24, 2008

Tomorrow is Almost Here!


Our turn to host Travel Day is almost here! We have been scrubbing, dusting, organizing, baking & shopping. Yes, we have been busy beavers! Our topic is the Amish. Tonight Dave & Sweet Pea made Whoopie Pies. I had a sample and all I can say is Y-U-M-M-Y!!!!!! Oh my goodness! We have lots of other things planned including making candles, baking a Shoo-Fly pie, planting a mini garden, arranging quilt patterns & building a model of an Amish barn. I also have worksheets that I made -- a true or false trivia paper, 2 word searches, a list of websites, 2 pages of Amish recipes, & other information. I am really excited. We have all worked hard & done lots of research. I have a huge pile of library books we have been reading and learning from. I found lots of neat websites as well. I pray all goes well & everyone has fun!

1 comment:

MOMMY said...

Good luck!!!! I wish we could have been there! We didn't even make it to speech or school today-the kids are all sick now! What a week!!!!!

I can't wait to see pictures and hear how you morning went, you have done a wonderful job with it!