Thursday, March 4, 2010

Learning Fun

This weather is starting to wear thin. We are bored of staying inside & tired of the dark, dreary days. The kids are getting bored with the same old, same old. Bugs was looking for something to do & I thought of the Leapfrog Leap pads we own. We haven't taken them out in awhile and now seemed to be a good time to do so. Bugs liked that he could do it all by himself.

This book was about the digestive system.


He liked the noises they made as they described the path our food takes.

His absolute favorite was the pizzeria song. He played it over & over & over again. At one point he was dancing to it. We had to finally beg him to stop.

Princess takes a snooze.

While she slept the youngers worked on History.

We talked about our 4 basic freedoms & the meaning and make up of our flag.

Bugs knew the colors of the flag so I wondered why he colored it this way. When I asked he said, "I know but I wanted it blue!" Okay, then. LOL!




Saying the "Pledge of Allegiance" together.
I was very pleased when they were able to remember everything we learned and tell it to Daddy at dinner. Bugs even remembered most of our freedoms! The ones he remembered on his own were, 'The Freedom of Assembly' & 'Freedom of Worship'. I was impressed as he is only 4 years old! He also knew the colors of the flag & what they stood for. Impressive!

2 comments:

Julia said...

haha..love the napping picture. She is too cute LOL

Heather the Mama Duk said...

I hear you on this cold weather getting old. Looks like some good learning going on.