Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Quick, Easy, Filling Dinner ~ Yum!


Last night I was looking for one of these to cook for my family. Time was running short and as many of you know I don't like to cook much anyway. Lol! So I put it out there on Facebook and my friend Heidi IM'd me. She gave me a recipe for an easy casserole. There were no measurements but it didn't matter as it was that type of meal. I thought I'd post it here in case someone else might want it. One of the best parts was not only was it quick but it used things I had & normally have stocked in my pantry. Gotta love that! Oh, and it was a HUGE hit with the kids and hubby. They are still raving about it today. =) Thanks again, Heidi!

Heidi gave me the general list of ingredients. I'll write for you what I used. I used lots of soup b/c I like our casseroles to be on the wet & saucy side rather than the dry side. I also made a 9x13 brimming pan as we were feeding 6 hungry people. =)

2 cans - Cream of Chix. soup
2 cans - Cream of Mush. soup
32oz. bag of mixed frozen veggies (used 3/4 of bag)
1- 8oz. bag of Shredded cheddar cheese (I would use more next time as we like our stuff cheesy.)
Noodles (I used macaroni as we didn't have noodles. I used about 4 cups cooked.)
Cooked chicken

Cook chicken. Cook noodles/macaroni. While chicken & pasta is cooking mix soups, 3/4 of cheese & frozen veggies. Spray 9x13 pan and put this mixture in. After chix. is cooked cut into bite sized pieces. Once pasta is cooked, drain and mix into soup mixture. Mix chicken pieces in too. After all is mixed well place into 350 degree oven and cook until bubbly. Serves approx. 6-8.

I served this with homemade blueberry muffins. Yum!

This was taken with my not-as-good camera. Still looks pretty yummy according to Boo. =)


Fresh blueberries in our blueberry muffins.

No comments: