Friday, July 10, 2009

Funny Farm Bound?

Today was "Cow Appreciation Day" at Chick-fil-A. Being a Northern gal I had never had this experience before. I've known about it and knew this one was coming up and debated about going. This week was so busy and I ended up waiting until this morning to ask the kids if they wanted to go. Part of me didn't want to fight the crowds but the kid in me wanted to go have fun. And of course the frugal me wanted the free food! LOL! The little ones were immediately excited at the idea of dressing up but Sweet Pea didn't want to. Then she began to catch onto the excitement and soon was dressing up too. We joined forces and Sweet Pea & I put together the costumes. I came up with the ideas and she helped me put them together. At the very last minute I thought of how to make the tails. These were the kids favorite part of our costumes. Hee, hee! She made the ears & I made the spots & tails. She also helped the kids find black clothing.
When we arrived I was a little nervous. I was afraid we'd be the only ones dressed up and would look like we had escaped from the Funny Farm. I cautiously approached the front door while the kids raced to it eager to get inside and show off. We were greeted by an employee who gushed over our costumes. That made me feel a lot better. I was really smiling when I found out we could order ANY meal we wanted! I didn't know that! I thought it would be a little kids' meal. I was so surprised! We had a great meal for free, were given free cake, & even a refill on drinks. We also had our picture taken several times. We were told that we will be in the local paper tomorrow. I really hope so b/c the kids have their hearts set on seeing themselves in print. We ended up having a blast and are already looking forward to next year!

Take a peek below to see my little herd. Lol!


My little herd of calves.

Shaking those tails!

The littlest calf.


She got lots of looks of admiration.

Mama cow with calves.

2 comments:

Crystal Arcand said...

Ya'll have to be *the* cutest herd of cattle I've ever seen!

Anonymous said...

Love Casey's tail! S.P.