Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Monday, November 26, 2007
The kids had a blast and E-boy prayed this adorable prayer at dinner thanking God for pretty much everything. He was especially excited about the food. Lol!
My Mom brought a simple craft over and after dinner she got the kids to work. Sweet Pea, Boo & E-boy all LOVED it. They like anything creative & this was a hit. It was also nice for them to have a planned activity and not running wild around the house. A way to channel their excitement and energy. I also like that it was my Mom teaching them. They love that Grannie-time.
The funniest part of the visit was when my parents left. Dave had dressed Bugs in his p.j.'s but clearly Bugs did not want to keep them on. Lol. He isn't a big fan of clothes, socks or shoes. He loves to either run around nude or in his diaper. Lol! He kept trying to strip and we kept re-dressing him. He was in the living room when my parents walked out the door but I didn't realize it. See Dave was standing at the door yelling, "Bugs! Bugs!" (well he was yelling his real name) and I thought he was on the front steps or something. Turns out Dave was calling the wrong name. Lol! He was calling E-boy but mistakenly said Bugs. You know how that goes, don't you? Lol! I started for the front door and out of the corner of my eye saw someone walk past. I wondered who it could be since I thought everyone was either outside or on the front porch. Well, it was Bugs! And he was stark naked! LOL! He just stood in the doorway naked as the day he was born. I told Dave to call my Mom to see and he did. She burst out laughing! He looked so innocent and terribly funny!
It was a good day & one that we will remember always. Oh, I almost forgot to tell you E-boy must have enjoyed it because he wanted to do the entire thing over again the next day. Lol!
Saturday, November 24, 2007
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God hath done
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.
I have always loved that hymn, 'Count Your Blessings'. It is a catchy little tune & a reminder to me to daily count my blessings. I would like to take a moment & list some of the things I am thankful for.
1. I am thankful for God, my loving Father.
2. For my children & husband. My husband tells me daily that he loves me. How special that makes me feel! My children give me hugs & kisses every day. I am blessed to have these wonderful, special people in my life.
3. My Family = Parents, brothers, Nana, cousins, aunts & uncles, nieces, nephews, in-laws, etc. ~ God has given us a special, loving, family.
4. My Friends ~ We are uniquely blessed to have such wonderful, loving friends. I truly do not know what we would do without them.
5. Our Home~ God has answered my prayers. I love our home - the room, the decor, the coziness, the way it "fits".
6. Our Church Family ~ What an amazing blessing they have been!
7. Our Van & Car ~ Our van is the one we have wanted for years. Thanks to some help we are able to drive in safety & comfort. Our car was a gift. I still am in awe when I see it in our driveway. It is an older car but a perfect fit for our needs.
8. Our Country ~ I think every day of how privileged we are to live in this great nation. I remind myself never to take for granted our freedoms.
9. Our Military ~ Growing up as a Navy kid I have been taught to have a deep respect for our soldiers. That respect has grown over the years & now it is an ingrained part of me. Especially now we need to be thankful to our soldiers and their dear families.
10. God's Provision ~ It always amazes me how God provides. He truly has a wonderful way with timing. I am very thankful to Him for all He has given us and he many ways & special people He has used to do so. I can honestly say that He has never failed us! God is good!
11. For the Freedom to Homeschool ~ How thankful I am that I can have my dear children at home. Though it is not the easy road to take I know without a doubt it is the best one for our family. I am thankful that we have this choice.
12. Dave's Job ~ I am thankful that Dave's job has been saved! He was told last week that he will NOT be laid off but will continue on into next year & beyond. Praise the Lord!!!!!!!
13. Health ~ Though we have little issues we are very blessed to have overall good health in our family. I am reminded of this often & thank God for this gift every time.
14. Salvation ~ I am dearly thankful to our Lord for dying on the cross for us. Hallelujah, He is risen! Thank you for the gift of salvation. What a comfort it is to know we will be with Jesus in Heaven someday.
15. For Everyday Blessings & Joys ~ I thank Him for these. Sometimes they are the one thing that turn a bad day completely around. A hug from my little ones; the thrill of seeing a beautiful sunset; my silly smile when I see the garbage men have once again taken away all our garbage; the warmth of my nice, winter coat; a yummy, filling dinner; a sweet card from our adorable nieces; my cozy bed; snuggling with Tinkerbelle & Tucker; watching & laughing at a movie with my kids & hubby............the list goes on & on. Thank you, Lord.
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
E-boy has hit a new level in his reading skills. He is now sounding out words by himself with little to no help from me. I am thrilled! He is very proud of himself as he should be!
Oh, and something cute to add, while E-boy was sounding out the words & reading Bugs climbed right up in my lap and insisted upon "reading" too. He parroted everything E-boy read. Even when he got down to play he wanted to take one of the Bob books with him. He loves doing everything that his big brother does. Hey, maybe we'll have an early reader on our hands in a year or two. Lol!
Sunday, November 18, 2007
While the older ones helped with the cookies I took Bugs into the other room to meet with some of the residents. In our family we call them the "Grandmas & Grandpas". I feel it gives my children a closer connection to the residents & a better respect for them. The ladies LOVED Bugs. He was so adorable and charmed them by shaking hands, saying, "How are you?" and even dancing for them when one of the ladies played the piano.
Sweet Pea interviewed two of the residents about their memories of World War II. She is going to write an article using the interviews for our paper, The Heritage Bugle. She is very excited & was touched by their stories. World War II has been a special interest of hers these past several months and to be able to talk to others who had lived through this war amazed her.
Dave was able to join us for the visit which made it even more enjoyable for us. We stayed for about an hour and a half and had a great time. Our whole family is looking forward to going back real soon.
I only got a couple of pics b/c my batteries went & dummy me forgot to bring any extras along.
This was his outfit: Sweatpants, his brother's fleece vest (too small), sunglasses & his knitted winter hat I made for him.
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Because of the size of the bathroom I couldn't get the entire shelving unit into one picture. Here is the pic from the floor up to the shelf that is 2nd from the top. Dave added 2 extra shelves at the bottom per my request. I was happily surprised at how easily he added them in.
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
While the kids waited for everyone to arrive they "treasure hunted" on the ground under the overhang. Boo found a checker and some pretty beads.
Friday, November 9, 2007
E-boy pours tea aka apple juice for his guest & new friend.
Jen's son thoroughly enjoyed their tea party.